Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Little Things

Good morning!

And a beautiful morning it is.  Several days of rain have washed things clean and fresh.  Our beautiful, tempestuous Lake Erie is settling down after days of big waves and lovely surf. How I love sitting in my chair, looking out over the lake, and spending time with the Lord and in His Word.  Soon there will be a fire in the fireplace as I sit and drink my morning coffee.  But let's not rush that!

I am a dreamer and a planner.  Give her a goal and watch her go!  Nothing ignites me more than having a goal; I am not sure why but that's how I am wired.  Sometimes I must admit I get so caught up in the going-after that I nearly leave The One Who is the Greatest Planner (who could create a universe without a plan?) behind as I rush on to-I'm not really sure where.  Kind of like seeing the home you want, then building it without a blueprint.  Oh foolish me!

So for now, The Great Planner has me in a period of rest.  This should be good news, but for those of us "doers," it is a most uncomfortable place.  The where's and why's and when's that overtake my thoughts will surely crowd out the peace and joy of this day, if I choose that path.  And just think what I would miss - the lovely moments of this very day.  My Daisy curled up next to me, the taste and smell of that wonderful cup of coffee that I so dearly love, the friends and family that I have the privilege of knowing and having in my life.  And the love of my soulmate, who knows me and loves me just as I am.  Such precious gifts, and if I don't choose well, I could miss out on all of these amazing blessings!  So for today, I will follow the path that the Lord has for me.  And His instruction would be, this: "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬.



No comments:

Post a Comment