Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sometimes we forget the good things

Hello, everyone,

Sometimes, when we are in the midst of hardship - and let's face it, sometimes life is really, really hard - we forget about all of the Blessings in our lives, or at least I did.  When the pain screams louder than anything else, it drowns out the many, many good things in life.  

While I was mourning the passing of our girl, many other things were taking place.  My dearest, forever friends would call and just "sit" with me.  They would let me weep, or wail, or be angry, never judging or rushing me onto the next steps because it was uncomfortable for them, even though they had lots going on in their own lives.

My best friend, the Captain, my husband and soul mate, picked up a lot of the pieces of our lives as we tried to reconstruct it, dealing with his own pain along the way.  He never complained, he just did what he does so well - he loved me and maintained his "steady as we go" attitude.  

As I reflect on this time in our lives (thanks by the way for listening, as this is healing for me to share it with you), I can see more clearly now.  As my heart cried out, "Abba Father, where are you?"  I see He was there all along, in the faces of precious friends loving us back to health, and in the outpouring of love in the cards and calls we received, and in the manager and team I worked with at the time, who picked up all of the things I was incapable of doing for weeks, and told me to take the time we needed, because they were taking care of everything.   

And so today, as I look in retrospect, I hear His still, small voice telling me again, "I will never leave you nor forsake you, even until the end of the age."  And He didn't. And I am thankful once again for so many Blessings He has brought into our lives,  including you, my friends.  Thanks for listening.





No comments:

Post a Comment