Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Letting go of what lies behind, I press on...

Hello again.

The apostle Paul tells us this: "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians‬ ‭3:13-14‬ ‭ESV‬‬)

One of the most precious gifts in my life is the FREEDOM I have found in my relationship with my Jesus.  He allows me to come to Him with anything, big or small, lovely or ugly, and He never, ever brings me into a place of condemnation.  And because of this, I choose more and more to want to bring everything to Him, ask for His Blessing or Forgiveness, depending upon the day😁, and ask Him to help me to make what is wrong right, and to grow in what is right, in my thoughts, my choices and especially in loving others.  (Admittedly I have a really long way to go!). And His patience with us is never ending.

However, having said that, He also let's me know when it is time to move on.  And it is now time to move one.  And I am grateful for the healing He brings, the Peace that overtakes chaos, and the Amazing Grace He gives to move forward.  Throughout the painful process of grief, two of my prayers were I believe key to the healing process for me.  Those prayers were, "Lord, please don't waste the pain; use it for good for it is far too great a price to not be of value to others."  The other prayer was, "Lord, don't take me out of this process one day early,  but please don't leave me here one more day than is necessary."  And so the day has come.  I let go of what lies behind and press on to the future He has prepared beforehand.  And it will be good, because He is Good.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment