Sunday, February 27, 2011

Food for Thought

Well, I have had the weekend to myself (my husband has been at a men’s retreat) and it has been so nice, though I will be very glad when the he comes home. But I had time alone with my Lord and that was awesome!

I have been pondering some “big ticket” items in the Kingdom of God. Have you heard of the couple who went through the Invitro fertilization – and found out the wrong fertilized egg was implanted in her womb? They are Christians; they chose to carry that baby full term and then give it to the natural parents? How is THAT for a story? Then I was listening to Steven Curtis Chapman’s song about his little girl (if you do not know - his son accidentally backed over her with the car and she was killed) who is now with the Lord – that his heart aches to see her “brown eyes that disappeared when she smiled,” – and yet he has a glimmer of heaven, of her romping with her Daddy (and her Father) in joy for eternity – no more cancer, no more pain, etc. These are huge things in the Kingdom – and they are statements as to Who our God is! Living out their Faith before hundreds of thousands of people! WOW!

In the midst of the pain and suffering in this world, in a time full of “What about me’s?” we have His Light shining through in those who are willing to make choices not on what is convenient for them, but on what they believe is right. And there are so many more stories. Just think about it! What stories have you to tell – of the horrendously painful things He has taken you through, and brought you to the other side – one of Joy and Peace and wells of compassion and empathy so deep that only He knows – and yet He takes those things and uses them for GOOD for us and for those He brings in to our lives. Of kids getting on with Life – and some, late bloomers like me - but still, on their journey to Him. And they will have their stories to tell, and He will draw others to Him because of the prayers that we prayed for our children as they were developing in us – long before we saw them or knew them or knew of the joy and pain that would be wrapped up in parenting.

Is this an easy journey? Absolutely not! I love the song, Life is tough but God is good. But is there a higher path or a greater calling? If so, I do not know where. I lived without Him and now I am living IN Him and for me there is no other choice. Want to trade some pain for Joy or fear for Courage? Life is a choice! He says so - "I set before you life and death, the Blessing and the curse - choose Life” So like I said in the beginning this is food for thought. Enjoy your day my friends and may your days be filled with Blessings beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment