Sunday, October 9, 2011

Too Blessed to Be Stressed!

Hello!
It is Sunday evening, the end of a beautiful weekend in the Cleveland area. The weekend has consisted of two magnificent fall days, when the leaves on the trees are changing to shades of red and orange and gold, and the sky is that breathtaking shade of blue that we only see in autumn. And the sun - so high in the sky and so full and golden and bright in the day, turns the evening sky into a panorama of colors that range from shades of purple and pink and orange to deep, dark shades of blue!
There are always so many things that "need to be done," and it would have been quite easy to spend precious time tending to those "important tasks." But I am so glad I chose to enjoy the beauty that surrounds me, rather than to do all of those “necessary things.” So instead of stressing to “get stuff done,” I spent my time having dinner with a dear young couple who are celebrating their newly announced engagement! I spent time with my husband, my best friend, just enjoying his company! He and I took long drives, looking at the changing colors, and embracing the beauty that surrounds us. We took time to be thankful for the amazing life we have been so blessed to share for many years. These are the lasting things, the important things, the eternal things, the "making memories" things in life.
You know I could have chosen to tend to all of those stressful, seemingly important tasks, and I would be perhaps a little better prepared for the week ahead. But you know what? This week will come and go with its many things that need to be done, but I am happy with my choice, for I now have memories that I will cherish and carry with me forever…..

No comments:

Post a Comment