Saturday, January 8, 2011

If I had to place my bets...

As I look around me, I see so much uncertainty in the United States, and the world for that matter, that it nearly takes my breath away! Rising unemployment, budget deficits - who can even fathom how much "Trillions of dollars of debt" means? Worldwide economic collapse, terrorist activities, mudslides, earthquakes, tsunamis - the list of scary stuff is endless!  If I let it, it will sweep me away into the land of "What if?"s. You know, the land of...: "What if I lose my house? Become terminally ill? Die a slow and agonizing death due to chemical warfare? Lose my family, my job, my friends..."  And on and on - you get the picture.  So how do I move from that endless and fruitless mental activity to a place of Peace and Rest?  There is only one way that works for me and that is to trust in the One who took me "from the ugly miry clay, and the slippery slopes of life, and set my feet upon a Rock..."  There is no way to explain the result of who I am today with that frightened girl of long ago - the changes have taken place one step, one moment, one day at a time, slowly but surely.  Hmmm - replacing sorrow and pain and negativity with joy and peace and - well, a great life!  Dreaming (this is a big part of who I am, by the way) and then seeing those dreams and plans become the reality of my life - my "heart's desires" if you will - now that is a miracle!  Who I am today is the result of a Loving God who has invaded my life (only after I asked Him, of course, for He will never come uninvited) and brought me strength and joy and a peace that passes understanding.  “Why do you fear, my child? Have I not always taken care of you (and I might add better than you have taken care of yourself!)? Trust in me and you will NOT be disappointed…”

Yes the world is filled with fear and uncertainty.  And I can sometimes feel the fear coming as a thief in the night to steal my peace and joy.  But I’ll not allow it to stay – it must pass through here, for I will ask the One who has saved me and kept me to help me one day at a time, to keep my feet firmly planted on that Rock and my eyes on the One who Loves me with a perfect and everlasting love.  Thanks again for letting me share my thoughts and my heart with you.  Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment