Monday, December 20, 2010

Who Are YOU?

Hello again! 

One of my favorite things to do is to get up early – well, not too early – and sit in my “marshmallow chair” with my dog Daisy at my side, light the fireplace (in the winter of course), look out at our beautiful Lake Erie, drink my coffee and spend time with my Lord.  I have been walking with Him for over thirty years, and it has been such an amazing adventure!

One of the things I do, and have done during these 30 years, is to journal – my Letters to the Lord. In these letters, I have had and still have so very many questions for Him.  One of my favorite questions of course is - Who are You, Lord?  I am fascinated by Him!  He never changes, yet my understanding of who He is always changes, because He absolutely refuses to be kept a box.  And as He reveals Himself to me, and I begin to think, Oh so THAT is Who You are – He says yes, but… I am also this and this and that!  He surprises me, He challenges me and He always, always Loves me and is in my corner. 

And as I seek Him and grow in my knowledge of Him, I cannot help but think if people, Your creation, really knew Who You are they would gladly and gratefully follow You for You are Life, abundant and full and exciting! You are never boring, or dull, or without purpose.  As  I look around and realize that my life is full of His Love, His Beauty and His Grace, I begin to have a better understanding of Who He is to me.  He is everywhere in my life – in my family, in my job, in my relationships.  He rejoices with me in my successes and teaches me to learn from my failures, and then on top of that, He causes all of it to work for my good.

So those are my thoughts as I begin the week of Christmas.  May your day be filled with Blessings abundant and Joy overflowing as we celebrate the event that has changed the world – the promise come to be, the Light of the World.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment