Friday, December 17, 2010

A greeting


I pray this finds each of you healthy and prosperous and filled with joy!  As we enter this wondrous season, I love to take time to reflect on all that the Lord has done over the past year, the things He has taught me, the prayers He has answered, and the beauty of His creation: babies, the first snow of the season, a warm fireplace on a cold day, especially coupled with my “coffee with the Lord” time in the morning to mention just a few!  I have so very much to be grateful for that I could spend hours/days/years thanking Him and not even begin to touch on the things He has done. 

I have been doing a lot of traveling lately (I work out of a home office normally but have had lots of out of town projects for the past several months).  Anyway, I have been “out there” much more than normal, and in that, have been so very aware that, as I meet with people, and walk through airports, and chat with co-workers, my heart swells with gratitude to Him who holds me and keeps me and watches over me with the tender love of a most Loving and Protective Father. I so cannot keep myself…..

At the same time, as I listen and “see”  my heart goes out to those in the world who truly do not see – the lost and blind.  Conversations with my brothers and sisters in Christ are so full and rich and meaningful – so other than much of what is shared in “the world.”  And my thought yesterday was how thankful I am to be a part of the Body of Christ, for if you do not know Who you believe in and WHAT you believe then you can believe in anything and everything becomes “OK’ – and then suddenly, nothing is OK because you have nothing to hold on to or anchor on to – truly a ship without a map/direction or a rudder or a purpose.  And that sinking feeling permeates your soul – is this all there is?  I remember those days, the sadness and emptiness in my soul and in my spirit.  And as I pray for each of them, back to square one I go – for God so loved the world…..and I am once again safe and secure in the Knowledge of Him.  Are we not the most Blessed of all?

No comments:

Post a Comment